Friday, May 13, 2016

HIS OR MINE?



"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

So what does this mean in practical terms?  Can I "simply" trust in the Lord and "not lean on my own understanding," when faced with daily choices and decisions?  How does this work?

It works by "acknowledging Him in all my ways," that is to day, by acknowledging the paths the Lord is actually "making straight" before me, rather than the ones I might prefer or would like to imagine.  Otherwise, if I "lean on my own understanding," I often find myself behaving like a person in a room with two doors, one wide open and one closed, who keeps staring at the closed one, wish it would open.

Today let me "trust in the Lord with all my heart," acknowledging and accepting the paths He makes straight for me, be it in the people, places, or situations He sends my way.

Coffee With Sister Vassa

No comments:

Post a Comment