Monday, May 16, 2016

WE ARE WORKS IN PROGRESS


"For the saving grace of God has appeared to all people, training us to renounce iniquity and world passions, and to live sober, upright, and godly lives in this world, awaiting our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all iniquity and to purify for himself a people of his own who are zealous for good deeds." (Titus 2:11-14)

Here the Apostle describes the dynamic adventure of our lives "in this world."  On our cross-carrying journeys we embrace, and are "trained" by, the grace that has "already appeared," while awaiting the glory that is yet to appear--"the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ."  So when I lead a God-centered life, I never stand in place, nor do I imagine that I have arrived at my destination, because the saving grace of God is ever "training" us like children, like works in progress.

Today let me embrace what I "already" have, and strive for that which I do "not yet' have, among the "people of His own."  I let Christ give me what He already has on offer, by opening up to Him in heartfelt prayer and surrender.  He has on offer, by opening up to Him in heartfelt prayer and surrender.  He already "gave Himself for us," so let me hand myself and my concerns over to Him as well.  And let me not be discouraged by the virtues and strengths I do "not yet' have, because I am His work in progress.  Glory be to Him.

Coffee With Sister Vassa

No comments:

Post a Comment