Saturday, July 16, 2016

A PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING



A PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING
AFTER HOLY COMMUNION

I thank you, Christ and Master our God, King of the ages and Creator of all things, for all the good gifts you have given me, and especially for the participation in your pure and life-giving mysteries.  I, therefore, pray to you, good and loving Lord: keep me under your protection and under the shadow of your wings.  Grant that to my last breath I may with a pure conscience partake worthily of your gifts for the forgiveness of sins and for eternal life.  For you are the bread of life, the source of holiness, the giver of all good things, and to you we give glory, with the Father and the Holy Spirit, now and forever and to the ages of ages.  Amen.

+Saint Basil the Great+
A Prayer of Thanksgiving After Holy Communion
The Synekdemos

No comments:

Post a Comment