Friday, January 29, 2016

FRUITY-NUTTY CHICKEN SALAD (NON-FASTING)


This is a very quick recipe to throw together, with results that taste like you've spent a good deal of time in the kitchen.  I made it last week, and my  husband found it to be both filling and delicious, something I'm not always able to achieve when I'm attempting to use what is at hand and I'm "on the fly".  Perhaps one day it just might come in handy for you too.

Salad ingredients:
2 pre-cooked boneless, skinless chicken
breasts, cut into 1" pieces
OR
The white breast meat from a large,
pre-cooked chicken, cut into 1" pieces
3-4 scallion onions, chopped fine,
including tenderest part of the greens
Walnuts (glazed or otherwise), chopped
OR your favorite nuts, chopped
2 large celery ribs, sliced on the diagonal
1 to 1/2 cups red or green grapes,
sliced in half (red is prettier)

For the dressing:
1 to 1/2 cups Mayonnaise
(depending on how much meat you have)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Sweetener of your choice:
Stevia, honey, or ? to taste
Whip together, fold gently into above
ingredients in a large bowl

Presentation:
I finely cut Romaine lettuce and place it into
the bottom of a large, shallow salad bowl,
or on a pretty plate.
Spoon equal portions of chicken 
mixture onto top of greens.
Top this with parts of a nice, sliced orange.
The one pictured is a Blood Orange--
 they have a very short season
and provide such a beautiful contrast
that I like to use them while I can!


Enjoy!





Another keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment